Please consider supporting Sactunes.com
Thank you for your interest in Sactunes.com. We are team of journalists, videographers, photographers and volunteers building an online media outlet focused entirely on Sacramento’s music scene. We think Sacramento has extremely vibrant music scene and an army of talented people who support it. Our goal is to share with the world the talent we see here in Sacramento and do it through journalistic storytelling at sactunes.com, and collaborating with already established local non-profits. Our goals don’t end at storytelling, we have a number of other goals including a gear library, free classes, collaborative documentary projects, a Sacramento music museum, Sactunes LIVE and so much more. There are currently no other outlets in our city focused entirely on digital content for our thriving music scene. Our goal is to fund this phase in just 60 days so we can keep up our current production schedule while taking us to the next level, and with your help, we can do it. By donating you will be helping us grow and produce more original content along with supporting the many specific creative goals we have. Thank you again for considering us, it means the world to us and the Sacramento music community.
The following is a list of our current goals for this fundraising drive.
1. Officially set ourselves up as a non-profit. This involves some paperwork, government fees, time to organize a board and legal consultations. The estimated cost to set up a non-profit is about $1000
2. Buy new equipment! We are currently using borrowed cameras and equipment to produce all of our photos and videos. We would like to start investing in our our gear so we will be able to fully utilize our abilities and produce more original content. Our first equipment purchase will be a multi camera setup that will allow us to start our first creative project, Sactunes LIVE! Where we will be able to film live music events, with multiple cameras while they are being streamed to any number of online outlets. This will be a huge asset to our site and has so much potential. Estimated cost for this goal, $5000
3. Buying new equipment is not our only goal for getting gear. Inspired my Musiclandria in Sacramento, home of a large instrument library, we want to create something very similar, but with media gear. We want to set ourselves up to be able to ask for and take in a variety of equipment donations for the whole community to use, so when someone needs a piece of gear, all they have to do is check it out. Estimated cost to set this up, $500
4. We want to step up our marketing and help get the word out. This would include designing stickers, cards, merch and various other items to had out to fans at live music events and no music related events to insire the pubic to support local music. This would also allow us to promote our online content on all of our online platforms and grow our followers, more followers means more people are seeing the great music in this city! Estimated cost, $1000
5. Last but not least, our general operating costs. This will help us maximize our website, pay freelancers, cover event expenses, travel costs and help build up our general fund along with cover budget overruns on current projects. Estimated cost, $3000
Thank you again for taking the time to view our fundraiser. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated and will go a long way to help us build up this community.